Information Collection and How It Is Used
- Captain Clock collects personal information when you register with Captain Clock to use Captain Clock services or to post content on Captain Clock.
- When you register we ask for your email address and personal information such as your name.
- Captain Clock automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
- Captain Clock uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with Captain Clock. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting Captain Clock from specific geographical regions.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Captain Clock's products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Captain Clock service.
- Captain Clock uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you "sign in".
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Captain Clock's services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Captain Clock's content and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Captain Clock will never rent or sell your personal information.
- Generally, Captain Clock does not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies without your consent except to provide products or services you've requested and in the following circumstances:
- Captain Clock may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders or legal process or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Editing and Deleting Account Information. Security.
- You can change your Captain Clock Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Captain Clock service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your Captain Clock account.
- You can delete your Captain Clock account at any time from your account page; however, please note that your identification information may remain in Captain Clock's records for some period.
- We limit access to personal information about you to our employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your Captain Clock Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, Captain Clock may use SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Captain Clock may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice either to your Captain Clock Message Inbox, the email address used to register your Captain Clock account, or by placing a prominent notice on our site. If you have questions or suggestions please contact us.